Russian-language editor-in-chief wanted
OC Media is searching for a full-time Russian-language editor-in-chief to work from our Tbilisi office.
The position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- To commission, edit, fact-check, translate, and publish content in the Russian language;
- To supervise the work of the Russian-language staff;
- To manage and expand our network of Russian-language correspondents;
- To liaise with the English-language editor-in-chief for shared content;
- To increase the platform’s authority and readership;
- To contribute to strategic development and planning and create a vision for OC Media’s Russian-language output.
To be considered for the position, the candidate should:
- Be a native speaker of Russian;
- Have a good command of English;
- Have good experience in journalism;
- Be highly familiar with the Caucasus region;
- Share a commitment to OC Media’s values;
- Share a commitment to OC Media’s editorial and organisational policies;
- Be a strong believer in OC Media’s success.
To apply, please write in Russian to email@example.com (subject: Главный редактор) and include:
- Your CV;
- A cover letter;
- Contact details of three references (name, position, email, phone number).
OC Media is offering a salary of $955 per month gross for the successful candidate as well as benefits (health insurance, paid leave).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is selected.
Only selected applicants will be notified and invited for interview. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to undergo an assessment of their editing skills.
Please note that incomplete applications will be left with no answer.
Preferred start date: 1 July 2020.