In this week’s episode of the Caucasus Digest, Samir Sultanov, the general secretary of the Azerbaijani Democracy 1918 movement, talks about the arrest of several members of his group and labour movements in Azerbaijan.
- Azerbaijani pro-democracy activist arrested
- Chair of Azerbaijani democracy group given prison sentence following anti-government posts
- Voices of dissent: Azerbaijan reacts to war
Mariam Nikuradze revisits the village of Itkhvisi in Chiatura seven months after the settlement began to collapse due to mining operations in a nearby area.
- A Georgian village falls through the cracks
- In pictures | Lips sewn shut in Chiatura’s sinking village