OC Media’s staff get together to discuss the impact of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on the South Caucasus. Mariam Nikuradze talks about how the war became a catalyst for the growing rift between Georgia and the west.
- Georgian Dream hits out at ‘spies’ and Western-funded ‘extremism’
- Georgia’s (in)human rights strategy
- Russia’s top diplomat compliments Georgia for not ‘irritating’ them
Ani Avetisyan talks about Armenia’s shaky relationship with Russia and the latter’s role as a major player in the region.
- ‘Every day I fear the war will return’ — the displaced Armenians returning to the border regions
- Russia slams EU monitoring mission in Armenia
Ismi Aghayev breaks down the Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s attempt at balancing his relations between Moscow and the West, as Europe scrambles to find alternatives to Russian gas.
- Ilham Aliyev looks West
- Analysis | How Azerbaijan’s youth feels towards different countries and the conflict